Oh Crepe! What a beautiful Saturday afternoon! Before I went to The Bitter End in Downtown Manhattan for a night show by The Humble Grapes (look out for them), I wanted to go outside and enjoy the lovely weather. This look was both casual and comfortable, perfect for the temperatures and the occasion. Nothing says rocker like a leather biker jacket, which I paired with boyfriend jeans, and a pair of mules. Mules! I purchased these wedge mules back in 2012 not realizing that these are considered mules. For those who are not familiar, mules are backless footwear very prominent in the 1990’s and one that my mother never let go. It’s not my go-to shoe style but I’m loving it for the look and happy the trend has found a place in the present. Who doesn’t love a comeback?
Will you be brave enough to wear the mule? What is your go-to shoe style?
- H&M Leather Biker Jacket; $199 (Sold Out), similar leather jackets at asos.com
- H&M Oh Crepe T-Shirt; (gift from H&M Paris), similar style online (France website)
- Joe Fresh Boyfriend Jean in Medium Wash; $49 (available in store, lighter wash available online)
- Christian Siriano for Payless ‘Katharine’ Hooded Wedge; $59.99 (Early 2012 Collaboration), similar style at dsw.com
- Balenciaga S/S 10 Arena Classic First Bag; (gift) in Papeete