A few months ago my cousin Ariel, an aspiring photographer at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York approached me to be the model in her fashion photo shoot. I had already started my style blog and she’s been very supportive so I agreed to do it. Who doesn’t enjoy having their picture taken in this day and age?
Her assignment was to put a “lookbook” together of some current fashion trends and have someone model them for the camera, which exactly what I do for my blog now.
I decided to spice it up for the shoot since I was playing the part of a fashion model and being extra creative with the clothes; after all it was a beautiful warm day in Central Park to show extra skin. Below, you’ll see the denim on denim trend, the current obsession with overalls and my personal favorite boyfriend jeans.
What’s your favorite denim trend?
Hope you enjoy it!
Denim Look #1
- Blanknyc ‘All Over It’ Overalls in Bug Out; $118 via Bloomingdales (on sale now), more budget-friendly overalls here and here
- American Apparel Nylon Spandex Micro Mesh Bra in Purple (color not available online); $14
- Boutique 9 ‘Justine’ Pumps in Red Patent via Marshalls, similar via ninewest.com
Denim Look #2
- Joe Fresh Boyfriend Jean in Medium Wash; $49, available online for $29!!!!
- Brandy Melville ‘Mina’ Tank in Navy; $16
- Casadei Studded Leather Pointy Pumps (close up via coolspotters.com); a gift, similar here and here
- American Apparel Salt and Pepper Hat; $32
Denim Look #3