A day in Jersey for a pre-Father’s Day get together called for the return of this olive Yellow is Gold by Sunshine and Shadow silk (yes, it will wrinkle throughout the day as much as you try to avoid it) mini shirt dress from Urban Outfitters. I remember the days in college where I always had to have something from Urban, sale or not. Now I probably look for more sales than anything, but one thing that hasn’t changed is always looking for something that’s going to last me a long time and that I get to wear day and night. In the past I’ve worn this dress with a thin belt and high heel sandals. The color can easily transition into fall to pair with booties or knee high boots. I kept it summer casual in my ShoeMint espadrilles and favorite floral clutch. I added some of my delicate jewels to freshen up the look. I’m loving the midi ring trend but when I have to wash my hands, every single one has to come off. It’s a great way to take care of your jewelry even if it’s just costume jewelry.
Leyla wanted to show off her new slip-ons from Payless and showed me how to pose in my pictures. She’s a natural. In exchange I joined her for some backyard fun.
How do you wear your shirt dresses?
- Urban Outfitters Yellow is Gold by Sunshine and Shadow Silk Mini Dress (old), similar here, here and here (splurge)
- Shoemint Stiges in Leopard; $59.98, similar here
- Cavalcanti Floral Clutch via Marshalls; $49.99, same one via ebay.com
- Flud Watches ‘The Shea‘ Sunglasses via Karmaloop.com (sold out); $34.95, more square frame sunglasses via zappos.com
- Cross Necklace; a gift, similar here
- Heart Necklace; a gift, similar here
- Love Midi Ring via Dor L’Dor, similar here
- Dangling Stone Ring; lost and found, similar here
- H&M 2-Pack Rings; $4.95
- Ring Under the heart via Dor L’Dor in Englewood, NJ
- 3 set rings; $7.99 via Dor L’Dor in Englewood, NJ