When it comes to the weekend and the heat you want to be as comfortable and as free as possible. You’ve read about my romper obsession before, but this one is one I have to rave about today. I purchased this romper at Forever 21 about two months ago online. What I didn’t know was that I was going to find it on another website for double the price! On one of my spontaneous visits to Nasty Gal I searched for rompers as I was shopping for summer clothes and there it was -I couldn’t believe my eyes, the same exact romper! Don’t get me wrong, there are some unique pieces at Nasty Gal that are worth the money, but always do a little bit of research before buying the first thing that you see online or in stores. It may be a little cheaper somewhere else. I was lucky enough to find it on Forever first! When it arrived, I was very excited because it was all I hoped it would be -until I tried it on! The fit was perfect, but those slit sleeves?! Let’s just say, I’ll be staying away from this trend for life! I didn’t want to exchange the beautiful floral print, cutout accent, deep v neckline and overall one piece so I took it to my trustworthy tailor and had him sew up those unflattering sleeves! I paired it with flat sandals and my flea market find! You can also let you hair down and pair this romper with ankle strap heels for a night out on the town!
Are you feeling the slit sleeves trend?
Hope you all had a good Monday!
- Forever 21 Botanical Floral Cutout Romper, $27.80 (sold out); same one via Nastygal.com
- Russell and Bromley Handbag, $30 at Brooklyn Flea Market
- DV by Dolce Vita ‘Archer’ Thong Sandal via Gilt.com, $29; also available via 6pm.com
- Flud Watches ‘The Shea‘ Sunglasses via Karmaloop.com (sold out); $34.95, similar via Toms.com
- Manicure is Essie ‘Peach Daiqiri’ Nailpolish