After a week of feeling not so sexy (women!), the best pick me up was to get my hair and nails did then put on a cute little dress and be on my way. I went for brunch on the Upper East Side to a hole in the wall spot, Good Health Cafe, it is just that: good and healthy food. After stuffing our faces, we walked over to the East River to enjoy the refreshing breeze and the rest of the afternoon.
I bought this dress at the Brooklyn Flea Market for $30 bucks. As much as tried to bargain with the vendor, that was the price, take it or leave it. It took me back to my childhood years where the Gap was the hottest brand around. Denim was always their thing and it had every right to be, the clothes were made of good quality and would last me a long time. Their jeans and denim pieces fit well, whether you’re tall, short, thin or fuller, you can always find something that works. The dress fit perfect (great for short and tall women). I believe my older sister had this dress back in the 90’s and whoever passed this one along clearly delivered the message of quality over quantity, it is in very good condition. The only negative thing I will say is that it wrinkles up quickly so you want to wear this type of silhouette on a day you’re standing up all day and of course maybe, maybe just have your photo shoot before all your sit down activities! On a positive note: I love vintage pieces with a relatable story and you can find so much at this market. I gave my 90’s dress a 70’s vibe with the platform wedges and my ‘I can’t get enough of’ floral clutch.
What’s your favorite denim piece? Do you shop at flea markets for vintage gems?
- Gap Halter Denim Dress (from the 90’s), $30 via Market; same one selling on ebay.com and more denim dresses via asos.com for under $50.
- Bebe ‘Karissa’ Espadrille Platform Wedge Sandal in Platinum Matte, $99; available in Orange
- Cavalcanti Floral Clutch via Marshalls; $49.99, same one via ebay.com
- Estee Lauder ‘Pure Red’ Nail Lacquer, $21
- NYX Matte Lipstick in ‘Natural’, $6; Available at a Ricky’s near you.