At one point, I loved this floral DVF camisole. I bought it at one of the designer’s mid-year sample sales. I liked the dainty lace print mixed with bright florals, but I think it’s time to move on from it. It’s either aging me or making me look younger (as much as everyone appreciates that youthful look, you don’t want to look like a child). I like my camisoles mostly a solid color with a v-neck or a lower cut for a hint of cleavage. I guess I could save it for when I’m more mature. You see when you buy something of good quality, you should consider the item’s longevity in your closet. In your 20s, this is a sweet top for office attire, but I hate office attire. In the real world you should be able to wear what you want while doing what you want career wise. Please don’t think I’m being an ageist, you can look fab at any age! Also, If you love what you do, you’ll sport your workwear accordingly. Bottom line, wear what makes you happy.
I thought I could bring out the colors of the top with a green holographic shoe and complimentary green stone cocktail rings, while I still had the cami in my possession. A pencil skirt and a cropped denim jacket gave it a fresh workwear look, but feel free to add blue skinny jeans and a long blazer for date night.
How do you wear camisoles?
- Levi’s Cropped Denim Jacket (old); similar here
- Diane Von Furstenberg ‘Parisse’ Tank (sample sale, old), similar here
- H&M Scuba Pencil Skirt (Sold Out); similar here
- Charles David ‘Icon’ Sandal in Mint via Marshalls; $59 (clearance), same via ebay.com
- Rings From Top to Bottom: Avon (old); similar here, H&M (sold in stores); similar here, Avon (old); similar here