I’ve always been a fan of side slits, high or lower slits, but I’ve never really seen a middle slit until I found this skirt. Although I’m not a fan of culottes, the slit gives the illusion of shorts which if they were culottes I would probably pull it off the same way. I love to pair denim with white tees, tanks or a crisp white button down. It allows you to pair anything on your feet; heels, flats, flat sandals or even sneakers. I chose to add leopard booties for height (a must for knee-length skirts) and this mysterious red lip as my first (makeup) dose of Fall.
You know Summer is over when it’s time for New York Fashion Week…
Have you pulled out your Fall booties? How high do you slit?
- Cynthia Rowley Tank Top, $9.99 via Marshall’s; similar here
- Seven for all Mankind Denim Skirt with Middle Slit, similar here and here
- DV by Dolce Vita ‘Fife’ Leopard-Print Suede Ankle Boots; $69 via Gilt.com, you can also find them via amazon.com
- Vintage Gucci Monogram Handbag in Black Leather; $50 via Double Take in Englewood, NJ two summers ago, more vintage Gucci at ebay.com
- Clear Bracelet via Dor L’Dor, similar here
- Mac RiRi hearts HEAUX Lipstick (Limited Edition), Summer 2013, sold out; similar here
One of my Labor Day weekend plans was to finally go see the Jeff Koons Exhibition at the Whitney Museum of Art.
We’re half way through the work week!