Sunday was such a chilly day, all I wanted to do was stay indoors, under the covers binging on SVU marathons. Instead I got dressed and went out for a walk around the park. It was probably the best decision I made all day. Sometimes a breeze or two is necessary to recollect your thoughts to prepare yourself for the Manic Mondays and the week ahead.
This is the kind of weather to layer up in your most cozy pieces. To keep me from getting frost bit, (okay fine it wasn’t that cold) I added my favorite (and in great condition) open front cardigan to my thick knitted turtleneck. Anything in my closet that is black, grey, or white is a favorite of mine. A bonus when it has all three colors! Back in the day, I experimented a lot with fashion (my parents couldn’t buy me and my 3 sisters a whole new wardrobe every season) so to me, all my clothes were for the 365 days of the year. One look that never got old for me is wearing denim cut offs with tights and boots, booties and sometimes even chunky heel shoes. Here I chose to go with a flat over the knee boot for a comfortable stroll.
If you’re in New York, are you looking forward to the 70 degree weather we’re having today? I might be overdressed, but we’ll get to that later in the week.
Do you dare to bring your cut offs from Summer to Fall?
- Romeo & Juliet Couture Open Front Cardigan via Marshalls (old); similar here and here
- Adrienne Vittadini turtleneck Sweater (old); similar here
- Joe’s Jeans Denim Rolled Shorts (old); similar here
- American Apparel Half & Half Pantyhose (no longer available); similar here
- Wythe NY ‘Rachel’ Over The Knee Boot via Gilt (no longer available); similar here, here and here