My parents just moved to an apartment in Midtown Manhattan. My mom is super excited to be back in our old neighborhood, next to my elementary school, close to my aunt’s house, and everything else Hell’s Kitchen has to offer. I especially can’t wait to visit the holiday window displays at fifth avenue. I arrived to this year’s Thanksgiving early with my sister, but my mom had already started the cooking. While waiting for the turkey, my photographer and I decided to take some outfit pics in the park across the street.
Cold weather can make you not want to set foot outside, but I finally got to wear this jumpsuit I had planned to wear earlier in the Fall. I’m loving jumpsuits right now. If you do too, make sure you adjust, every so often. I pulled up my pants so that the lace up shoes can show, and unbuttoned one button. I wanted to showoff my waist for an overall balance. I braved the temperatures in lace up sandals and no coat! It’s been 3 days since the shoot and thank goodness I feel fine! I planned my manicure color first and worked the outfit around it. It was a color I knew I had to wear now before all the usual reds and golds for December holiday madness.
This has to be one of the best shoots in a long time. The creativity, setting and shots were all done by my photographer, @zamansam (Instagram).
Will you be wearing jumpsuits this Winter?
How was everyone’s Thanksgiving?
- Forever 21 Utility-Inspired Jumpsuit (sold out), $39.80, similar here and here
- Forever 21 Strappy Faux Suede Sandals (sold out); similar here, splurge here
- Tous Bear Print Clutch (gift)
- M.A.C. Cosmetics A Novel Romance Collection ‘Lingering Kiss’ Lipstick, still available via amazon.com
- Deborah Lippmann ‘Brick House’ Nail Lacquer, $18 via neimanmarcus.com