Knitwear is always a must during the winter time. The visible 3D knitting is something I look at when I buy it and most importantly it keeps you warm. I can’t have too many patterns on my knit sweaters, it has to be very simple or black and white. When fashion magazines and blogs talk about monochromatic trend, normally you think all black and that’s pretty much it. Lately that’s been my uniform, but I decided to take the road less traveled for Ugly Sweater Party weekend. I brought out my red sort of ugly, but mostly pretty sweater to the streets of New York City. I went full on red (favorite color after black, afterall) to keep the Christmas spirit alive; red heels, red nails, and red lipstick. Red is an energetic, passionate color and sometimes you have to let your outfit do the talking.
What are your favorite colors to monochrome?
Did you all wear your ugly Christmas sweaters this weekend?
Have a lovely week!
- Forever 21 Longline Duster Coat, $52.36
- Moschino Leather Gloves w/Burgundy Bow via Century 21 (old); similar via ebay.com
- Forever 21 Knit Sweater (old); similar style here
- J Brand Mid Rise Super Skinny Jean in Revenge, available via Bliss.com
- Boutique 9 ‘Justine’ Pumps in Red Patent via Marshalls (old), similar via ninewest.com
- Opi Gwen Stefani Holiday Collection Nail Lacquer in ‘What’s Your Point-settia?’
- Revlon ‘Really Red’ Matte Lipstick