What a beautiful snow day to go hiking with my family. After all the Blizzard hype, I’m grateful it wasn’t more than the mere 6 inches – enough to have a day off and enjoy the snow. As much as I’m not a fan of the snow or anything with the word storm in it, I appreciate the beauty of it while it’s falling and the 24 hours it’s on the ground. It’s calming and therapeutic for me. Aside from relaxing at home, I went out to play, like the big kid I am. 🙂
I threw on my (faux) furry vest over a turtleneck and some distressed skinny jeans. I also wore my sombrero for a monochromatic look and a pair of track sole booties to be able to walk and keep warm for the 30 minute hike (okay I changed into some flat cold weather boots so I wouldn’t break my neck in the process) in the park. A small bag to store my keys, phone, and tissues; and last but never the least in this weather, my leather gloves to keep me extra warm.
How did you spend your snow day (if you had one)?
What do you think of my (faux) fur outfits lately?
Photos By: @zamnsam (Instagram)
- Zara Faux Fur Vest (old); similar here and here
- Love 21 Featherweight Turtleneck, $6.80 (no longer available); similar here
- H&M Skinny High Jeans; $39.95
- Key Te Suede Ankle Booties (old); available via amazon.com
- Target Snake Skin Messenger Bag (old); newer version available via target.com
- H&M Wool Hat (old); similar here, more here
- Moschino Gloves via Century21 (old); similar via ebay.com