I’ve always wanted to go to Tulum, Mexico and this year I finally did. The warm weather, the authentic Mexican food (no pre-made/store bought guacamole here), the ranchera music, and of course the unlimited tequila! Aye ya yae!
Below you’ll see my appreciation for the beautiful beaches. We stayed at the Grand Bahia Principe Resort where they greeted us with margaritas and made us feel at home instantly. We reserved a table at Tequila restaurant inside the hotel to start off our Mexican adventure. A mariachi band played while we took pictures with sombreros! I wore a black jumpsuit with shiny gold accents for the first night in Tulum. To add a but of glamour, I brought along my sister’s vintage Chanel bag…tres chic!
Baywatch was my only inspiration for day one’s beach look: a high cut one-piece and tousled hair, a la Pamela Anderson.
What do you think of my all black looks? Any vintage lovers?
PS- I like to brighten my wardrobe towards the end of my trip to bring out my tan.
- Kardashian Kollection Black Jumpsuit via Sears; $99 (launch collection back in 2011), similar here
- H&M Faux Velvet Belt, $9.95 – $12.95 (sold in stores)
- Steve Madden ‘Stecy’ Ankle Strap Sandal; similar here
- Chanel Vintage Bag; similar here and here
- 14k gold bracelets (my own)
- American Apparel High-Cut One-Piece, $45
- J. Crew Summer Straw Hat (old); similar here
- Forever 21 Oversized Tote (used as a beach bag), $27.90 (find it in a store near you! I have it in Olive too!)
- Havaianas Flip Flops in Black Slim via Bloomingdales.com, $26
- H&M Cover Up (old); similar here