Experimenting with clothes has always been a passion of mine. Sometimes I can wear a trend and make it my own, but not all trends are made equal. There’s just some trends that don’t suit my style and that’s okay because I’d rather stay true to myself.
As I get closer to 30, I’ve eliminated clothes that just aren’t me anymore, but a trend that I will never grow out of is the 90’s trend. Maybe it’s because I lived through it. Of all the 90’s trends, my favorite is most definitely plaid. The shirt that will always be in my closet has to be this red and black plaid flannel, it’s a bold accent to even the most casual outfits. I love to wear it tied around the waist more than anything. To make the ensemble look a little grown, I wore my favorite ankle strap heels for that extra push. You know that extra touch…especially with the red lip. 😉
Do you have a statement piece that always does it for you? Do you go mad for plaid? Is it the only thing keeping you warm these days?
April is just a couple of days away…
Happy Friday my fellow Budgeters!
Photos by: Samantha Cabral (@zamnsam on Instagram)
- Bow and Drape The New Classic Sweatshirt, $48
- GAP Vest (old); similar here
- American Apparel Mesh Bodysuit (find it in stores); similar style here
- Joe Fresh Boyfriend Jean (sold out); similar version here
- Forever 21 Plaid Flannel Shirt (old); similar here
- Steve Madden ‘Stecy’ Ankle Strap Sandal (now comes in 16 different colors!); similar here