…Frida Kahlo at the New York Botanical Garden.
The garden was everything I wished it to be, a breathtaking scenery of over 200 species of trees and flowers all around the 250 acres of garden grounds. The Rose Garden and the imitation of Frida’s Casa Azul were my absolute favorite, surrounded by so much color and so much life. Her paintings, although mostly self-portraits were also vibrant and told her story physically and emotionally. If you haven’t gone already, the exhibition runs through November 1st! Go out there be one with nature and Frida!
My braids and dress choice were all in her honor and style. How do you think I pulled off the look?
Photos By: Him
- Forever 21 Floral Embroidered Gauze Dress, $29.90
- Bebe ‘Karissa’ Espadrille Platform Wedge Sandal (old); similar here
- Vintage Louis Vuitton ‘Trocadero’ Shoulder Bag (gift); available here (smaller version)
- Vintage Rings (old)
- 14k Gold Bangles (my own)
- 14k Yellow Gold Diamond Cross Pendant (a gift); similar here