From the ‘oh this is cute…’ method, I’ve managed to have a collection of 30+ belts. But after looking at past posts, I’ve noticed I haven’t been showing my belts a whole lot of love. So here’s one for those who like to belt it out! I’ve actually been trying to get rid of this belt for so long, convincing myself I didn’t need it or that it didn’t go with anything. Accessories can give a tried and true outfit a breath of fresh air. Let’s face it, sometimes we don’t have enough time in the morning to dig into our closets.
I’m 30 now so whenever I see a bow, my first reaction is to run in the other direction. However, I thought that maybe if I kept it simple and stick to black, I’d still look like a grown woman. The belt worked really well with my dress, over a pair of leather pants, and suede booties. That’s a lot to work with even in all black, but I felt like I pulled it off.
PS- Yes, I know the bag I chose is on its last legs but I love it, okay?! There are things I just can’t let go off…at least for now.
Photos by: @zamnsam (Instagram)
- Forever 21 Double-Breasted Vest (sold out); similar here
- Zac Posen for Target (old); similar here
- BLANKNYC Vegan Leather Leggings (old); newer version here
- Steven by Steve Madden ‘Marshha’ Bootie via Marshalls (old), available here
- Luana Top Handle Handbag from Marshall’s (over 5 years old), you can find Luana Handbags on ebay.com