In the middle of a crazy week, sometimes you need a B R E A K. Even the smallest getaways can become a great escape from that pile of work that just never seems to disappear. At Storm King, an outdoor art exhibition in New Windsor, New York about an hour from the City, I discovered a taste of art and nature I never knew I needed. A breath of fresh air to help cope with city polluted thoughts that can drag you down in your everyday life. It was the most relaxed and calm I have felt in a while.
I paired my zen outlook with a messy air dried bun, comfortable jeans, a white tee and Converse sneakers. The cardigan or what I like to call a coatigan was the thrift shop finishing touch: the vibrant colors reminded me so much of the Fall and it was warm enough to throw on and go. The fringe was on- trend and gave an added playfulness to the outfit.
I enjoyed my day trip to the Storm King Art Center. I highly recommend it if you love art, nature, and maybe even a hike if you’re feeling adventurous!
What are some of your favorite getaways?
Photos By: H
- Long Cardigan/Coat via thrift shop (closed down a year ago); similar here via Nordstrom, here, here, and splurge here
- J Brand Jeans (old via Marshalls); similar style here
- Everlane Cotton U-Neck Tee, $15
- Converse Chuck Taylor Classic in Black, $50
- Rebecca Minkoff Mini Fringe Crossbody, $125 via Zappos.com
- Orelia London NYC Pendant via Topshop, $28
- American Apparel Gold Tone ABC Pendant, $25
- Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in ‘Nude Nuance’, $7.49