Happy New Year everyone! I can’t believe it’s Twenty Fifteen, I mean so much has happened in a year. I started a blog, something I never knew I could feel so passionate about, it’s my last year in my twenties (time really flies) and I finally have my own place! Of course there are so many changes that still need to be made to mold me into the person I strive to be, but I’ve learned that’s it’s never too late. It doesn’t matter what year it is really, you have to always have some sort of goal, big or small to keep you moving in life. My main goal besides the usual: get fit, be more social, and sleep less (I’ve been told I take sleep seriously), is to do what makes me happy. It will always be my goal, a year from now even 10 years from now.
Have you set up your 2015 goals/resolutions?
New Year’s Eve calls for sparkle, shine and a ton of sequins! Every year my sister celebrates her twins birthday (January 1st) so I plan out what we should all wear, even my mom gets into the spirit. Love it! This year I chose sequins because normally we go with all black, but I’m trying to stray away from that on special events (as much as I can), as it is a daily wardrobe for me. This year I chose a sequin maxi skirt that I found at Marshalls for $40 bucks! I already had some tops in mind and accessories so having to only buy one thing was a total miracle for such a big night. I was torn between a white button down and the black deep V surplice top. After many try ons, I went with the black top. It is my choice of color 95% of the time and of course I was afraid to dirty my white shirt! I was able to overload on accessories because it was New Years. The louder the accessories, the more appropriate. Am I right or am I right? So I borrowed my sister’s earrings and matched it with all the gunmetal rings I could find in my jewelry box. I went with my Stecy black patent sandals because they were just the right height for the not so long maxi skirt. I kept the gunmetal look going with a metallic silver color on my nails from Dior.
How do you all think I did this New Year’s Eve?
What were your New Year’s Eve plans? And what out of this world outfit did you wear to ring in the New Year?
Photos By: @zamnsam (Instagram)
- Max Studio Wraparound Woven Blouse via Marshalls, similar here and here
- Carmen by Carmen Marc Valvo ‘Evia’ Gunmetal Sequin Skirt, $39.99 via Marshalls; similar here, here and here
- Steve Madden ‘Stecy’ Ankle Strap Sandal; similar here
- Vintage Escada Clip On Earrings from Double Take; similar here and here
- Cocktail ring (old); similar here
- Forever 21 Midi Rings (in stores); similar available online
- Forever 21 Subtle Glam Cutout Ring in Gunmetal, $4.80
- Old Navy Cocktail ring and thumb ring, $7.99 & $4.99 sold in stores
- Dior Vernis Nail Lacquer in Metallic Silver (072) a Anselm Reyle Collection form 2011; newer version here and similar here
- Stila Eye Liner via Sephora, $20MAC Cosmetics ‘Velvet Teddy‘ Lipstick, $16 and ‘Sublime Culture‘ Cremestick Liner, $16
I thought it would be a good idea to put on my Christmas Eve outfit this past weekend and take some outfit photos before the rain had a chance to ruin my hair! I’m sure I won’t be able to wear my gown if there’s a down pour, but a gown is another Holiday look I totally approve.
As a Latina it’s always been a tradition to celebrate Christmas Eve (otherwise known as ‘Noche Buena‘) much more than Christmas Day. Christmas Day for us is hangover leftover day, which to many is still a celebration. One of my many aunts invited us to her annual Christmas Eve gathering. It’s been a while since we’ve been there, so this year I’m hoping like every other year: to have a good time with family I often don’t get to spend time with. During this time of year, I love all the Christmas songs that are played in the stores and on my iPhone. That’s right I download Christmas music. Whatever makes us happy. 😉
I just had to have this dress from the Altuzarra for Target collection. Why not? You have a better chance of wearing gowns around the last two seasons of the year than any other time of the year. Gowns are easy to put on, glamorous and always make a statement, even if you’re turning heads or trying to fit your dress through a door. I altered my dress (lower v neck also known as a deep V and a higher slit to show how much I’ve been working out -Not!) for a sexier touch and I really loved how it came out in pictures. What do you think of my alterations?
Where will you be spending Christmas Eve and/or Christmas Day? Most importantly, what will you be wearing?
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays! 🙂
- Altuzarra for Target Orchid Print Maxi Dress, $69.99; now available via ebay.com.
- Forever 21 Strappy Faux Suede Sandals (sold out); similar here, splurge here
- H&M Rings (no longer available)
- Opi Nail Laquer, ‘Got The Blues For Red’, $9.50
- MAC Cosmetics Fluidline Gel in ‘Blacktrack’ on the eyes
- Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in ‘Speak Your Mind’, $18