It’s been a week since Fat Tuesday, but finally here is my Mardi Gras look. Instead of decorating the office with hearts all over for Valentine’s Day I went a tad bit more festive this year with purple, green and gold. There is something about decorating that boosts up my mood instantly. Mardi Gras is not just for party animals, but a way to celebrate life and enjoy it with other people. What holiday isn’t about celebrating life really? This Winter, oh you Winter -has not been an easy one, but I put all that aside and went with a purple mini which for me isn’t so mini (remember I’m 5 feet and a little something), a new turtleneck to add to the family, and some knee high boots for a complete mod look. Can’t forget the beautiful masks we played around with that were provided by my lovely co-worker.
How do you all think I pulled off the masked mod look?
I decided to go for a low key celebration for my 10 year anniversary…a trip to the movies. What did I go see? Fifty Shades of Grey of course. It was the perfect movie for the occasion. The soundtrack is also a great listen if you want to get in the mood. I took a risk and dressed up for love and not necessarily for the weather. (Lol). Nothing says L-O-V-E like a LRD (little red dress). I went with a 50’s meets the 90’s vibe in my faux fur and choker combination.
How do you all think I pulled off my look? Did you watch Fifty Shades this past weekend? What did you think?
- Altuzarra For Target Faux Fur Jacket (available via ebay.com); similar here and here
- Forever 21 Sateen Midi Dress, $16.99
- American Apparel Sheer Luxe Pantyhose, $20
- Christian Siriano for Payless ‘Legend’ Ankle Strap Pump (old), similar here and here
- Forever 21 Round Faux Fur Chain-Strap Clutch, $16.90
- Vintage Choker, similar via ebay.com
Today I’m taking the time out to share some fun facts with all of my readers. An insight on what it’s like to be me!
- I love chocolate and bagels, never tried it together, but I’ll probably love it too.
- My astrological sign is Cancer and I truly am a Cancer in all aspects of the sign.
- I am a dog lover and just lost my love to shunt liver.
- Dirty 30 is coming at me in about 5 months, 5 days, 12 hours…
- I have 3 sisters; 2 older and one younger. I work with two out of the three and the oldest works in the same field, but a different location where I’ve also worked. Work, work, work ever since I was 13.
- Started babysitting at that age. I was the babysitters club.
- One thing I always carry in my bag besides my huge iPhone 6 Plus, wallet and keys is a prayer my dad gave me a few years ago. He said “take it everywhere you go for protection and don’t forget the $20 emergency cash too.”
- Speaking of dad, I am the spitting image of him. Scary. -__-
- I love all genres of music, but *Nsync was all I ever listened to in my teenage years.
- Speaking of those years, I went to an all girl high school, Notre Dame in the West Village. What an adjustment.
- I always wanted to be a dancer (because of Aaliyah first then Britney Spears). I would perform for family and friends whenever I learned their music video choreography.
- And an interior decorator because of my mother who always loved to decorate our home growing up.
- My favorite color is black, but I never like to decorate in black. Really weird.
- I’m a true New Yorker (explains the black obsession), I couldn’t see myself living anywhere else.
- I am a neat freak.
- I changed my own diaper as a baby. I am a neat freak.
- I’m crazy about shoes. I haven’t reached 100, but I do have 100 (more) in mind.
- I live in heels. If I could sleep in them I would. I like to feel tall at all times (I am barely 5′ 3”).
- I have a green thumb. Thanks to my mama.
- Favorite flower is the Rose.
- My hair is naturally curly, but I prefer straight locks.
- Yes I’m 29, who can’t drive, but loves to be driven. 🙂
- I love Italian food.
- My left side is my favorite side of my face, you can tell in the way I take my photos.
- I’m a sucker for sweatshirts in the Winter, every time there is a high-low collaboration at Target or H&M, I have to have one.
Below is the sweatshirt I created on Bow and Drape‘s website. I just love a Made in NYC brand. The sweatshirt is cozy, fashionable and makes a great shameless plug. Wink, wink. You can pair it with a skater skirt or jeans for an overall casual look.
What do you think of my 25 fun facts?
How would have you designed your sweatshirt?
Have a fun-filled weekend!
Photos By: Samantha Cabral (@zamnsam on Instagram)
What does a girl do when she’s cold? Wear a skirt of course. I brought out my summer skirt and went full on winter with it. I paired it with a turtleneck, tights, and peep toe booties. That’s right, I didn’t even bother to wear closed shoes. In my defense, I didn’t think the wind was going to tip me over like it did. These were the few photos I bravely accomplished without a coat! No wonder why I get sick!!!
Is everyone ready for the polar vortex? What do you wear during these brutal wintry days?
Photos By: @zamnsam (Instagram)
Him. Last night I celebrated his birthday at our favorite Italian restaurant, Isle of Capri. Fine dining and best of all great service. Then we walked over to the fifth avenue holiday window displays to get into the Christmas spirit. I really love to see what they come up with every year; Bergdorf Goodman’s theme is The Arts: Music, Literature, Dance etc. Birthdays are always a celebration -another year alive and well. For me, that’s reason enough to dress up. The weather was awful. Rainy, gloomy days are a drag to get dressed for. However, for a special person like he is, I put on my very best. This Altuzarra for Target dress is just the beginning of holiday party looks…
How do you celebrate birthdays? Do you dress up or is it just another day for you?
Sunday was such a chilly day, all I wanted to do was stay indoors, under the covers binging on SVU marathons. Instead I got dressed and went out for a walk around the park. It was probably the best decision I made all day. Sometimes a breeze or two is necessary to recollect your thoughts to prepare yourself for the Manic Mondays and the week ahead.
This is the kind of weather to layer up in your most cozy pieces. To keep me from getting frost bit, (okay fine it wasn’t that cold) I added my favorite (and in great condition) open front cardigan to my thick knitted turtleneck. Anything in my closet that is black, grey, or white is a favorite of mine. A bonus when it has all three colors! Back in the day, I experimented a lot with fashion (my parents couldn’t buy me and my 3 sisters a whole new wardrobe every season) so to me, all my clothes were for the 365 days of the year. One look that never got old for me is wearing denim cut offs with tights and boots, booties and sometimes even chunky heel shoes. Here I chose to go with a flat over the knee boot for a comfortable stroll.
If you’re in New York, are you looking forward to the 70 degree weather we’re having today? I might be overdressed, but we’ll get to that later in the week.
Do you dare to bring your cut offs from Summer to Fall?
- Romeo & Juliet Couture Open Front Cardigan via Marshalls (old); similar here and here
- Adrienne Vittadini turtleneck Sweater (old); similar here
- Joe’s Jeans Denim Rolled Shorts (old); similar here
- American Apparel Half & Half Pantyhose (no longer available); similar here
- Wythe NY ‘Rachel’ Over The Knee Boot via Gilt (no longer available); similar here, here and here