Happy New Year everyone! I can’t believe it’s Twenty Fifteen, I mean so much has happened in a year. I started a blog, something I never knew I could feel so passionate about, it’s my last year in my twenties (time really flies) and I finally have my own place! Of course there are so many changes that still need to be made to mold me into the person I strive to be, but I’ve learned that’s it’s never too late. It doesn’t matter what year it is really, you have to always have some sort of goal, big or small to keep you moving in life. My main goal besides the usual: get fit, be more social, and sleep less (I’ve been told I take sleep seriously), is to do what makes me happy. It will always be my goal, a year from now even 10 years from now.
Have you set up your 2015 goals/resolutions?
New Year’s Eve calls for sparkle, shine and a ton of sequins! Every year my sister celebrates her twins birthday (January 1st) so I plan out what we should all wear, even my mom gets into the spirit. Love it! This year I chose sequins because normally we go with all black, but I’m trying to stray away from that on special events (as much as I can), as it is a daily wardrobe for me. This year I chose a sequin maxi skirt that I found at Marshalls for $40 bucks! I already had some tops in mind and accessories so having to only buy one thing was a total miracle for such a big night. I was torn between a white button down and the black deep V surplice top. After many try ons, I went with the black top. It is my choice of color 95% of the time and of course I was afraid to dirty my white shirt! I was able to overload on accessories because it was New Years. The louder the accessories, the more appropriate. Am I right or am I right? So I borrowed my sister’s earrings and matched it with all the gunmetal rings I could find in my jewelry box. I went with my Stecy black patent sandals because they were just the right height for the not so long maxi skirt. I kept the gunmetal look going with a metallic silver color on my nails from Dior.
How do you all think I did this New Year’s Eve?
What were your New Year’s Eve plans? And what out of this world outfit did you wear to ring in the New Year?
Photos By: @zamnsam (Instagram)
- Max Studio Wraparound Woven Blouse via Marshalls, similar here and here
- Carmen by Carmen Marc Valvo ‘Evia’ Gunmetal Sequin Skirt, $39.99 via Marshalls; similar here, here and here
- Steve Madden ‘Stecy’ Ankle Strap Sandal; similar here
- Vintage Escada Clip On Earrings from Double Take; similar here and here
- Cocktail ring (old); similar here
- Forever 21 Midi Rings (in stores); similar available online
- Forever 21 Subtle Glam Cutout Ring in Gunmetal, $4.80
- Old Navy Cocktail ring and thumb ring, $7.99 & $4.99 sold in stores
- Dior Vernis Nail Lacquer in Metallic Silver (072) a Anselm Reyle Collection form 2011; newer version here and similar here
- Stila Eye Liner via Sephora, $20MAC Cosmetics ‘Velvet Teddy‘ Lipstick, $16 and ‘Sublime Culture‘ Cremestick Liner, $16