Which on the calendar reads Christmas Eve, is the day most Latinos like myself and my family celebrate. We get together to eat tons of pernil (my shirt got the best of that dish), different kinds of rice dishes, mom’s famous spaghetti (requested at every party we attend), potato salad, green salad, flan and can’t forget the coqui. Christmas Eve is also a time to dress up and catch up on the year we’ve had. Super cliché for wearing red during the holidays, but it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to represent a holiday that I really enjoy -with my family. On that note, I nodded back to my high school days as Catholic school girl. I turned sweet into a sexy 30 with a secretary blouse with bows, mini skirt with pleats and leopard heels.
What did you think of my holiday fashion?
How did you spend the holidays?
I want to tell you a little bit of why I’ve been MIA lately -Christmas night my mother suffered a heart attack and underwent open heart surgery. It’s been almost 2 weeks since this difficult time in my family’s lives, but mom is at home recovering once again. She is one of the strongest people I know. Thank you for all your prayers and support. ❤
Photos By: @zamnsam (Instagram)
- American Apparel Chiffon Secretary Blouse, $60
- Zara Pleated Skirt (old); similar here
- Ava and Aiden ‘Marilyn’ Ankle Strap Mary Jane Pump (old); similar here and here
- Vintage Gucci Monogram Handbag (old); find it here
- Vintage ring; similar here
- 14k Gold Tennis Bracelet (a gift)
- Opi ‘the spy who loved me‘ Nail Polish, $15 (4 piece set)