…In the Daytime
Do you ever feel so accustomed to your 9-5 grind, that the wear down reflects your clothing? Whether you love your day job or not, sometimes getting dressed for work becomes work. Yes, even I get a little uninspired. It seems like spring has sprung everywhere, but the East Coast and you just can’t help feeling gloomy.
So, today’s outfit I decided to add a little sparkle to my ensemble. My jacket literally sparkled, covered in tiny and subtle, light reflecting sparkles. I love a well rounded peplum like this one I found for a steal at Forever 21, just under $35. Needless to say I didn’t stop there with the sparkles. My rings were blinged out, and my shoes shined bright like a diamond. However, I made sure my pencil skirt was sleek and simple for a sophisticated finish.
I’m praying that it can warm up for good -for some more open toe, leg baring situation.
How do you all think I pulled off daytime sparkle? Would you wear sparkle accents or sequins to the office?
Photos By: Samantha Cabral (@zamnsam on Instagram)
- Forever 21 Scuba Knit Peplum Jacket, $32.90; similar here, here and here, splurge here
- H&M Skirt (old); similar here and here
- Old Navy Cocktail ring $7.99 (sold in stores)
- Cocktail ring (old); similar here
- Hermès ‘Birkin’ 30cm in Black Togo Leather (gift)
- Steve Madden ‘Stecy’ Ankle Strap Sandal (now comes in 16 different colors!); similarhere